This cocktail is named after Admiral Edward Vernon; a naval officer in the 17th century Royal Navy, affectionately known as "Old Grog".
- 1.5 oz (45 ml) light rum
- 0.5 oz (15 ml) Grand Marnier Brandy Liquor
- 0.5 oz (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orgeat syrup
- Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake until well-chilled
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Admiral Vernon from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide -- original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License