Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Australian Salty Dog has been a popular rum drink in Australia since its invention in 1871. The drink consists of rum and salt water, traditionally gathered fresh from the ocean.
The drink is regularly enjoyed during the summer months by beach goers, best enjoyed with mates around a BBQ.
- 40 ml (one shot) Spiced Rum (Australian preferred)
- 100 ml (2 1/2 shots) Sea Water (Salt Water may be substituted; see below).
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes or crushed ice
- Pour Spiced Rum into glass with ice
- Fill with sea water
- Stir to chill
- Garnish with Lemon Wedge (optional)
- Serve with swizzle stick
When sufficiently clean sea water is not available, salt water may be substituted.
- 1 quart (32 oz) or liter of water
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) of salt
- Combine ingredients
- Stir or shake until salt is fully dissolved.
- Adjust to taste
Alcohol and sea/salt water can individually dehydrate the body; water is recommended afterwards to stave off dehydration.