Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Banana Mama is a rum drink originating from the Caribbean. There are various recipes out there, so it is unclear which is the most common. There may be more variations than are listed below.
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) rum
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) coconut-flavored rum
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) grenadine syrup
- 1 oz (30 ml) orange juice
- 1 oz (30 ml) pineapple juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Optional: half a banana
- Optional version 2: one whole banana, sliced prior to freezing, used in place of an equal volume of ice.
- Combine regular rum, coconut-flavored rum, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in a blender
- Blend until the drink is slushy
- Pour into hurricane glass
- Garnish with a wedge of orange or pineapple
- Serve with a straw
- 1 oz (30 ml) banana liqueur
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) dark rum
- 1 1/2 oz (45 ml) light rum
- 1 oz (30 ml) cream of coconut
- 2 oz (60 ml) pineapple juice
- 3 strawberries
- Combine all ingredients (except strawberries) in a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake well, until chilled
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with strawberries