Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The name of this drink is a misnomer, as coffee and bitters are not to be found among its ingredients, but it looks like coffee when it has been properly concocted, and hence probably its name.
- Coffee Cocktail from Jerry Thomas' Bartender's Guide or How to Mix Drinks, out of copyright
- Take 1 teaspoonful powdered white sugar
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 large wine-glass of port wine.
- 1 pony of brandy
- 2 or 3 lumps of ice
- Break the egg into the glass, put in the sugar, and lastly the port wine, brandy and ice.
- Shake up very thoroughly, and strain into a medium bar goblet.
- Grate a little nutmeg on top before serving.