Flavoured syrups are made by adding flavouring matter to a simple syrup. For instance, syrupus aromaticus is prepared by adding certain quantities of orange flavouring and cinnamon water to simple syrup. This type of syrup is commonly used in bars to make flavoured drinks.
A variety of beverages call for sweetening to offset the tartness of some juices used in the drink recipes. Granulated sugar does not dissolve easily in cold drinks or ethyl alcohol. Since the following syrups are liquids, they are easily mixed with other liquids in mixed drinks, making them superior alternatives to granulated sugar.
- Cocktails made with fruit-flavored syrup
- Cocktails made with Chocolate syrup
- Cocktails made with Grenadine
- Cocktails made with Maple syrup
- Cocktails made with Mint syrup
- Cocktails made with Orgeat syrup