A recipe for making a Base spirit infused with the essence of garlic and basil.
- 1 medium sized bulb of garlic
- 2 large sprigs of basil
- 750ml bottle of Vodka
- Infusion jar with tight-sealing lid
- Separate the garlic into cloves and remove the skins.
- Rinse the basil to remove any unwanted chemicals. There is no need to chop or remove the stems.
- Place the garlic and basil into a clean quart-sized mason jar.
- Fill the jar with vodka.
- Secure the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Store the infusion in a dark place at room temperature for 2 days.
- Strain the vodka through a coffee filter into a separate container.
- Store as you would any other vodka.