The Gibson is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, garnished with a pickled onion.
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a mixing glass with ice
- Stir well, to chill
- Strain into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with skewered cocktail onions (traditionally 1-2 on the same skewer, depending on onion size)
- Much like the classic Martini, the proportions are often left to taste, from the "Perfect" (50-50 gin and vermouth), to the "Churchill" (100% gin, wave glass in the general direction of Italy).
- The cocktail may be served "dirty", with a splash of cocktail olive pickling juice.