The Hazelnut Martini is a take on the classic Martini using hazelnut liquer in place of the traditional Vermouth.
- Combine vodka and liqueur in a mixing glass with ice
- Stir until well-chilled
- Strain into chilled martini glass
- Garnish with a Lemon twist
- It has become popular to rim the glass with finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Much like a traditional martini, proportions should be adjusted for taste (this writer prefers a 50-50 "perfect" proportion)
- Try it with a splash of triple sec or a dash of Orange bitters