Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Magie Noir is a cocktail served in the Umbaba club in the West End of London. Created by head barman Giles Andreis at the request of two Goldman Sachs employees wanting the best ingredients possible, it was added to the drinks menu for the halloween party of 29 October 2005 with a cost of £333 (Approx. US$570) per glass.
- One shot of Hennessy Cognac
- A measure of Dom Pérignon vintage champagne
- A dash of Crème de Mûre
- Fresh Lemongrass
- Fresh Lychee fruit
- Yohimbine bark extract
- Combine cognac, champagne, Crème de Mûre and 1-2 blades of lemongrass in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice
- Shake until well-chilled
- Strain into cocktail glass
- Garnish with Lychee fruit and lemongrass
- It may be beyond passé - but we'll have to do something about the rich - Jonathan Freedland, 23 November 2005