Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Martini, more so than any other drink, embodies the class and style of the cocktail in the popular imagination. Truly the king of cocktails.
- Martini from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide -- original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- a twist of lemon peel (including the pith); OR,
- cocktail olives, 1 to 4, depending on taste, queen size at minimum. Olive juice can be added to make it a Dirty Martini.
- Fill a martini glass with ice and water, set aside.
- Fill the glass half of a two-piece mixing glass to the top with ice, add 1 oz. dry vermouth.
- Add 2 oz. gin, stir gently until well-chilled.
- Discard ice and soda water from the martini glass.
- Strain martini into glass.
- Garnish with one olive (two makes it a Franklin).
- ↑ Not to be confused with a cigarette butt put out in a half-empty martini glass at a crowded bar, as that would be a 'filthy contaminated martini'.