This Kentucky Derby-style Jell-O shot is a sophisticated and festive twist on the classic race-day cocktail.
Source: Southern Living
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup bourbon
- Fresh mint sprigs (garnish)
- Coarse sparkling sugar (garnish)
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a medium saucepan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard mint leaves.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan (or in a silicone mold).
- Chill 4 hours to 1 week.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and coarse sparkling sugar.
To make these less strong, increase cold water to 2¼ cups and reduce bourbon to ¾ cup.