Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Kentucky Derby-style Jell-O shot is a sophisticated and festive twist on the classic race-day cocktail.
Source: Southern Living
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup bourbon
- Fresh mint sprigs (garnish)
- Coarse sparkling sugar (garnish)
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a medium saucepan.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard mint leaves.
- Stir in bourbon.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan (or in a silicone mold).
- Chill 4 hours to 1 week.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and coarse sparkling sugar.
To make these less strong, increase cold water to 2¼ cups and reduce bourbon to ¾ cup.