The Mount Saint Helens is a variation on the Boilermaker, consisting of a shot of Fireball cinnamon whiskey and a glass of Rainier beer. Mount Saint Helens is an active volcano, located near the (dormant) Mount Rainier.
Boilermaker from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Serves: 1
- 1 pint Rainer lager
- 1 shot Fireball cinnamon Whiskey
- There is more than one way to consume this drink; one can:
- Shoot the Fireball and then drink the beer
- Pour the Fireball in the beer
- Take the Fireball as a "depth shot," that is, drop the shot glass into the beer, causing the beer to foam up, and then chug the result. Note that this is not exactly the safest procedure, especially after a few drinks; if the shot glass breaks when dropped, it may go unnoticed until the glass shards hit the throat.