Margarita from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide -- original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License Serves: 1
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange-flavored liqueur (Cointreau or Triple sec)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ice cubes
- salt for garnish
- Moisten rim of glass with lime.
- Rotate rim against coarse salt, to salt the outside but not the inside of the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Combine ingredients in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake until cold.
- Pour contents of shaker into glass.
- Garnish with slice or wedge of lime.