Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Two small servings or one large serving
- 4 pears (I used 2 Bartlett and 2 Bosc)
- 2 one-inch chunks of peeled ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 oz of your favorite Bourbon
- Hot water
- Slice into the middle of one pear, cutting away a thin disc of the fruit. Soak the disc in a small bowl of lemon juice and set aside.
- Dice up the rest of the pears and toss into a food processor or blender with the ginger and 8 oz of cold water. Puree until as smooth as possible.
- Strain puree through a fine mesh sieve into a glass measuring cup.
- Put a kettle of water on to boil while you complete the next step.
- Put the pear juice, two cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt into a small saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 or 10 minutes then remove from heat and let steep.
- Pour boiling water from the kettle into two mugs to preheat them.
- After a few minutes, discard the water and drizzle a little honey into each mug.
- Cut the lemon-soaked disc of pear in half and toss one half into each mug.
- Add 1 oz (or 2) of Bourbon and 4 oz of the hot pear juice to each mug. Top with a little hot water and more lemon juice to taste.
- Drink immediately!
Source: Heavy Table