- 2 oz Dumante Verdenoce Pistachio Liqueur OR pistachio-infused bourbon
- 1 oz Sweet & Sour mix (or homemade lemon/lime sour)
For pistachio-infused bourbonEdit
To make pistachio-infused bourbonEdit
- Use a jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Add the bourbon and pistachios and shake
- Refrigerate for 1-2 weeks, shaking lightly every two days
- After two weeks, discard the pistachios by straining through a sieve, then again through cheesecloth
- Add 2 oz simple syrup and shake. Remember to taste-test and this point; you might want to add a little more syrup.
- Keep the liquor refrigerated
To make the cocktail:Edit
- Combine the Dumante or homemade liqueur with the sour mix in an Old fashioned glass
- Stir or shake and garnish with a cherry
Hint: Instead of a maraschino cherry, you might try a bourbon-marinated fresh cherry
- ↑ The pistachios should be roasted, uncolored, unsalted, shelled, peeled and chopped; yes, ALL of them; raw pistachios can be dangerous, red dyes, shells and the inner peels can be bitter and salt is just plain wrong.