Not to be confused with L'Amour cocktail.
In making a Pousse of any kind, the greatest care should be observed to keep all the ingredients composing it separate. This may best be accomplished, by pouring the different materials from a sherry wine glass. The accompanying illustration will give a tolerable idea of how this delicious French drink should be prepared. It requires a steady hand and careful manipulation to succeed in making a perfect Pousse.
- Pousse L'amour from Jerry Thomas' Bartending Guide or How to Mix Drinks—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- Serves: 1
- Take ½ glass of Maraschino
- Yolk of one egg
- Enough vanilla cordial to surround the egg
- 1 tablespoonful of fine old brandy
- Pour in the Maraschino
- introduce the yolk with a spoon, without disturbing the Maraschino
- Carefully surround the egg with vanilla cordial
- Float the brandy on top.