Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not to be confused with L'Amour cocktail.
In making a Pousse of any kind, the greatest care should be observed to keep all the ingredients composing it separate. This may best be accomplished, by pouring the different materials from a sherry wine glass. The accompanying illustration will give a tolerable idea of how this delicious French drink should be prepared. It requires a steady hand and careful manipulation to succeed in making a perfect Pousse.
- Pousse L'amour from Jerry Thomas' Bartending Guide or How to Mix Drinks—original source of recipe, out of copyright
- Serves: 1
- Take ½ glass of Maraschino
- Yolk of one egg
- Enough vanilla cordial to surround the egg
- 1 tablespoonful of fine old brandy
- Pour in the Maraschino
- introduce the yolk with a spoon, without disturbing the Maraschino
- Carefully surround the egg with vanilla cordial
- Float the brandy on top.