Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Monkey Gland is a cocktail of gin, orange juice, grenadine and absinthe named after a surgical technique of grafting monkey testicle tissue into humans. The practice was started by Dr Serge Voronoff, and was intended to produce longevity.
The Monkey Gland was created in the 1920s by Harry MacElhone, owner of Harry's New York Bar in Paris, France.
- preparation taken from American Bar by Charles Schumann.
Alternative recipe (circa 1920s) Edit
- 2 teaspoons Absinthe (you can substitute Herbsaint, or Pernod, but Absinthe is better)
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
- 1.5 oz gin
- 1.5 oz fresh orange juice
- ↑ Hirst, Christopher. (October 8, 2005) The Independent 101 cocktails that shook the world #37: The Monkey Gland. Section: Features; Page 57.
- ↑ Rob Chirico, Field Guide to Cocktails p. 189, 2005 by Quirk Productions. ISBN 1-59474-063-1