Hello, Welcome to Cocktails Wiki! Thanks for your taking the time to edit the Rosemary page.
New page suggestions Edit
Below are several sites for new cocktail pages.
- Thank you for the list! BTW> thanks for indirectly pointing me to the Andromeda wiki. ;) --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 21:39, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Good Eats -- Cocktails, Egg Nog Edit
All of the below "Good Eats" cocktail/egg nog episodes can be found on Youtube.
- Believe it or not I was just talking with someone about the "raising the bar" episode! Thanks!--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:15, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Alcohol Myths, Wine wikiaEdit
These are myths about alcohol that are very common.
Thank You Edit
Hi! I'm Klanz.
I've seen you have been editing my new articles. I'm sorry for my mistakes, i've registered today.
Anyway, thank you very much for your job in this Wikia!
- Thank you for joining and for your edits!
- Don't think of them as mistakes, I'm just helping to keep things consistent,
- BTW> There is no active Admin around these parts, so if there is anything I can do to help, drop me a line.
- Happy editing!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 15:04, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't know there is no admin in here... I gotta tell you, I thought you were the admin of this wikia! xD
- Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll be adding more cocktails during the following days.
- Happy editing!
Hey Sings With Spirits!
Just wanted to drop by and say hi, and thank you for all your hard work on Cocktails Wiki. I work on the Wikia Staff, and I'm a huge cocktails fan. I'm hoping to help grow this wiki more in the coming months. Are you interested in possibly applying to be an official admin for this wiki? If so, I think you're a great fit!
- Thank you! Well, to answer your question, yes, I very much would like to adopt this wiki, unfortunately, the circumstances making me eligible to do so have not materialized, so the clock resets on me and I have to wait ANOTHER 60 days to be eligible to adopt. I don't mind. At some point I'll adopt it, God willing!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 21:37, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
My name is Ariana and I am the new Food&Drink Community Development Associate at Wikia. I just wanted to say congratulations on becoming the Admin of the Cocktails Wiki! We've all been talking about all of the great work you've been doing for the Cocktails Wiki over here at Wikia. We really appreciate users who take the time to contribute to certain Wikis!
Let me know if you have any questions about Cocktails Wiki or any of the other Wikis. I'm always happy to help!
Ariana 22:15, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you!--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:04, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
Recipe Wikia Edit
Hi there! I think I can help you adopt this wiki! Just leave me a message here and we'll talk about it.
Hi Sings with Spirits!
I hope your week is going well. I am writing a guided tour on hot Fall Drink trends, that will go live on October 23. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions to be featured in the article! (Here is an example)
- What are your favorite drinks for Fall?
- Do you think there are any hot drinks that are going to be trendy this Fall? (non alcoholic and alcoholic) (example: pumpkin or cinnamon drinks)
- What are your favorite sections on the Cocktails Wikia?
- Are there any Fall recipes you've seen that you don't think many other people have heard of?
Hi, Ariana! It’s actually shocking that anyone would be asking li’l ol’ me for trendy stuff, but, hey, here we go!
1. What are your favorite drinks for Fall?
As a Muslim, I don’t really drink, but I do taste (a lot!) and enjoy some low-alcohol or non-alcoholic drinks. In the states, warming drinks or spicy drinks are the norm for the season, but in warm and sunny Puerto Rico, particularly in the ‘drown-and-steam’ season, I like combining something cold and refreshing with something warm and hearty; classic Gibson Martini with a mug good coffee or broth.
2. Do you think there are any hot drinks that are going to be trendy this Fall? (non alcoholic and alcoholic) (example: pumpkin or cinnamon drinks)
Hot? Spiked broth; simple broth, double strength straight from the can (beef is best) or zapped from ramen packets (beef or oriental work well), combined with vodka (for those lacking imagination) or gin (for the sophisticated; I seem to not be sophisticated enough!) or rum (for the traditionalists). I’ve seen these being requested more often in past months.
Non-alcoholic? Nothing hot, but staggeringly sweet nectars, like tamarind and soursop are being combined with Hi-C fruit punch in layered drinks… for the life of me, I can’t fathom why…
3. What are your favorite sections on the Cocktails Wikia?
Recent Wiki Activity; it just makes me feel good to see people’s interest in well-crafted tradition instead of beer-and-vodka smashbongs.
4. Are there any Fall recipes you've seen that you don't think many other people have heard of?
The Trick or Tini; first time I saw one I thought it was a hoot, but nobody seems to have heard of it.
Might not be the kind of answers worthy of publication, but I hope it helps!
--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 00:20, October 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for your great and thoughtful answers!! I will send you a link when the blog is posted :)
- P.S. Never heard of the Trick or Tini...but I'm intrigued!
- Hey Sings with Spirits! Here is the fall drinks article if you wanted to take a looK! Thanks again for participating :)
- No prob! Anytime!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 17:54, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
Angel Kiss, Silver Bullet Edit
- Silver Bullet
- Angel Kiss
- We already have the Angel's Kiss. I'll be adding the SB within the hour... --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:57, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Some of the variants I read are different from yours, such as the one described in the below story.
- You have to realize that cocktail recipes change over time; few people today realize that a classic martini has bitters and 50-50 sweet and dry vermouth, as was the recipe near the beginning of the 20th century. Also, regions often give the same name to widely disparate drinks. In such cases, we either do another page with a different name (such as the Bloody Mary I, II and III pages) or we simply add a "variants" section to an existing article. You are, of course, welcome to add new information to pages and even make new pages; we are always glad to see new and exiting recipes... even if we don't always try them ourselves.
- Thank you for all the info!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 03:35, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Sings with Spirits!Edit
I'm back again...bugging you with even more questions :) I am doing another guided tour and I wanted to include a few non alcoholic cocktails for those who want to drink less in the New Year.
Only if you have some free time, would you mind answering a few quick questions?
1. Do you have any New Years Resolutions this year?
2. What would you recommend to those who are trying to cut back drinking?
3. Do you have any non-alcoholic cocktails on the wiki that are your favorite?
Thanks so much for putting up with all of my messaging! Chances are in a few months, I'll be back at it :) Let me know if you have any questions or need anything ever!
- Not bugging me at all! These are good questions! Let's see...
- Resolutions? Just one; living long enough to see the end of the year along with my family and friends. I trust that this is in the hands of God, but there is no reason to be careless!
- "Try not... DO, or do not... there is no try." Words to live by... but if you want specific advice; always choose quality over quantity; ask yourself why you are drinking - you'll find that sobriety goes better with 'having a good time' than stupor (and you end up saving money in the long run!). Pace yourself; depending on body weight, one drink every 1 1/2 to 2 hours should be more than enough for a single night; don't chain drink. Get help; I don't mean "professional"! I mean have a buddy who can objectively tell you if you are drinking too much or too often AND LISTEN TO THEM! Above all, remember that everything in excess is bad; too much, too often... even too little; militant teetotalers are scary! ;)
- Non-alcoholic cocktails? I'm known as a Virgin Mary fiend! I'll take any bloody mary recipe and simply omit the alcohol... I'm funny that way. This being Puerto Rico, I simply can't forget the Virgin Colada; a Piña Colada with the rum omitted, better known 'round these parts as a "Piña Colada sin ron"; all (well... most) of the taste, none of the issues. And then there is the Mixto; cola and lemon-lime soda with lemon; it even looks like a Cuba Libre! Meaning; people don't bug you at parties asking if you want a drink!
- I look forward to the next article; any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 13:31, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
Aw thanks for your help and thoughtful message! I will link you to the final article when it's published on January 23. I hope you have a great day! Best, Asnow89 @ (profile)•(talk) 23:51, January 13, 2014 (UTC)