Hello, Welcome to Cocktails Wiki! Thanks for your taking the time to edit the Rosemary page.
New page suggestionsEdit
- Below are several sites for new cocktail pages.
- Thank you for the list! BTW> thanks for indirectly pointing me to the Andromeda wiki. ;) --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 21:39, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Good Eats -- Cocktails, Egg NogEdit
- All of the below "Good Eats" cocktail/egg nog episodes can be found on Youtube.
- Believe it or not I was just talking with someone about the "raising the bar" episode! Thanks!--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:15, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
Alcohol Myths, Wine wikiaEdit
- These are myths about alcohol that are very common.
Thank You Edit
Hi! I'm Klanz.
I've seen you have been editing my new articles. I'm sorry for my mistakes, i've registered today.
Anyway, thank you very much for your job in this Wikia!
- Thank you for joining and for your edits!
- Don't think of them as mistakes, I'm just helping to keep things consistent,
- BTW> There is no active Admin around these parts, so if there is anything I can do to help, drop me a line.
- Happy editing!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 15:04, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I didn't know there is no admin in here... I gotta tell you, I thought you were the admin of this wikia! xD
- Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll be adding more cocktails during the following days.
- Happy editing!
Hey Sings With Spirits!
Just wanted to drop by and say hi, and thank you for all your hard work on Cocktails Wiki. I work on the Wikia Staff, and I'm a huge cocktails fan. I'm hoping to help grow this wiki more in the coming months. Are you interested in possibly applying to be an official admin for this wiki? If so, I think you're a great fit!
- Thank you! Well, to answer your question, yes, I very much would like to adopt this wiki, unfortunately, the circumstances making me eligible to do so have not materialized, so the clock resets on me and I have to wait ANOTHER 60 days to be eligible to adopt. I don't mind. At some point I'll adopt it, God willing!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 21:37, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
My name is Ariana and I am the new Food&Drink Community Development Associate at Wikia. I just wanted to say congratulations on becoming the Admin of the Cocktails Wiki! We've all been talking about all of the great work you've been doing for the Cocktails Wiki over here at Wikia. We really appreciate users who take the time to contribute to certain Wikis!
Let me know if you have any questions about Cocktails Wiki or any of the other Wikis. I'm always happy to help!
Ariana 22:15, April 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you!--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:04, April 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Cocktail recipes
Hi there! I think I can help you adopt this wiki! Just leave me a message here and we'll talk about it.
Hi Sings with Spirits!
I hope your week is going well. I am writing a guided tour on hot Fall Drink trends, that will go live on October 23. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions to be featured in the article! (Here is an example)
- What are your favorite drinks for Fall?
- Do you think there are any hot drinks that are going to be trendy this Fall? (non alcoholic and alcoholic) (example: pumpkin or cinnamon drinks)
- What are your favorite sections on the Cocktails Wikia?
- Are there any Fall recipes you've seen that you don't think many other people have heard of?
Hi, Ariana! It’s actually shocking that anyone would be asking li’l ol’ me for trendy stuff, but, hey, here we go!
1. What are your favorite drinks for Fall?
As a Muslim, I don’t really drink, but I do taste (a lot!) and enjoy some low-alcohol or non-alcoholic drinks. In the states, warming drinks or spicy drinks are the norm for the season, but in warm and sunny Puerto Rico, particularly in the ‘drown-and-steam’ season, I like combining something cold and refreshing with something warm and hearty; classic Gibson Martini with a mug good coffee or broth.
2. Do you think there are any hot drinks that are going to be trendy this Fall? (non alcoholic and alcoholic) (example: pumpkin or cinnamon drinks)
Hot? Spiked broth; simple broth, double strength straight from the can (beef is best) or zapped from ramen packets (beef or oriental work well), combined with vodka (for those lacking imagination) or gin (for the sophisticated; I seem to not be sophisticated enough!) or rum (for the traditionalists). I’ve seen these being requested more often in past months.
Non-alcoholic? Nothing hot, but staggeringly sweet nectars, like tamarind and soursop are being combined with Hi-C fruit punch in layered drinks… for the life of me, I can’t fathom why…
3. What are your favorite sections on the Cocktails Wikia?
Recent Wiki Activity; it just makes me feel good to see people’s interest in well-crafted tradition instead of beer-and-vodka smashbongs.
4. Are there any Fall recipes you've seen that you don't think many other people have heard of?
The Trick or Tini; first time I saw one I thought it was a hoot, but nobody seems to have heard of it.
Might not be the kind of answers worthy of publication, but I hope it helps!
--Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 00:20, October 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for your great and thoughtful answers!! I will send you a link when the blog is posted :)
- P.S. Never heard of the Trick or Tini...but I'm intrigued!
- Hey Sings with Spirits! Here is the fall drinks article if you wanted to take a looK! Thanks again for participating :)
- No prob! Anytime!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 17:54, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
Angel Kiss, Silver BulletEdit
- Hotel Babylon
- Silver Bullet
- We already have the Angel's Kiss. I'll be adding the SB within the hour... --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 02:57, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Some of the variants I read are different from yours, such as the Angel Kiss described in the below story.
- You have to realize that cocktail recipes change over time; few people today realize that a classic martini has bitters and 50-50 sweet and dry vermouth, as was the recipe near the beginning of the 20th century. Also, regions often give the same name to widely disparate drinks. In such cases, we either do another page with a different name (such as the Bloody Mary I, II and III pages) or we simply add a "variants" section to an existing article. You are, of course, welcome to add new information to pages and even make new pages; we are always glad to see new and exiting recipes... even if we don't always try them ourselves.
- Thank you for all the info!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 03:35, December 29, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Sings with Spirits!Edit
I'm back again...bugging you with even more questions :) I am doing another guided tour and I wanted to include a few non alcoholic cocktails for those who want to drink less in the New Year.
Only if you have some free time, would you mind answering a few quick questions?
1. Do you have any New Years Resolutions this year?
2. What would you recommend to those who are trying to cut back drinking?
3. Do you have any non-alcoholic cocktails on the wiki that are your favorite?
Thanks so much for putting up with all of my messaging! Chances are in a few months, I'll be back at it :) Let me know if you have any questions or need anything ever!
- Not bugging me at all! These are good questions! Let's see...
- Resolutions? Just one; living long enough to see the end of the year along with my family and friends. I trust that this is in the hands of God, but there is no reason to be careless!
- "Try not... DO, or do not... there is no try." Words to live by... but if you want specific advice; always choose quality over quantity; ask yourself why you are drinking - you'll find that sobriety goes better with 'having a good time' than stupor (and you end up saving money in the long run!). Pace yourself; depending on body weight, one drink every 1 1/2 to 2 hours should be more than enough for a single night; don't chain drink. Get help; I don't mean "professional"! I mean have a buddy who can objectively tell you if you are drinking too much or too often AND LISTEN TO THEM! Above all, remember that everything in excess is bad; too much, too often... even too little; militant teetotalers are scary! ;)
- Non-alcoholic cocktails? I'm known as a Virgin Mary fiend! I'll take any bloody mary recipe and simply omit the alcohol... I'm funny that way. This being Puerto Rico, I simply can't forget the Virgin Colada; a Piña Colada with the rum omitted, better known 'round these parts as a "Piña Colada sin ron"; all (well... most) of the taste, none of the issues. And then there is the Mixto; cola and lemon-lime soda with lemon; it even looks like a Cuba Libre! Meaning; people don't bug you at parties asking if you want a drink!
- I look forward to the next article; any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 13:31, January 10, 2014 (UTC)
Aw thanks for your help and thoughtful message! I will link you to the final article when it's published on January 23. I hope you have a great day! Best, Asnow89 @ (profile)•(talk) 23:51, January 13, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Sings with Spirits!
Hope you are doing well. I am currently writing yet another Guided Tour related to Spring Drink Trends and would love to seek your expertise one more time!
I'm writing about cold drinks and cocktails. Do you have any cocktail suggestions or preferences for the Spring/Summer? Or any new trending ideas from Cocktails Wikia?
Thanks so much in advance! The article goes live on Thursday so if you have a chance before then to answer that would be so great.
- Hi, Ariana!
- You know it’s no trouble at all!
- Spring always seems to get the bubbly out of people, so what better way of doing that than with drinks featuring bubbles?
- No, not sparkling wine… that’s cheating.
- How about the classic Mojito? Rum, mint and lime; no way you can go wrong with that one… unless you’d like to experiment with some of the magnificent flavored rums… or even vodkas… now coming out? Any of them with club soda will make for a refreshing… and I’ll bet memorable… experience!
- One fave that never seems to go out of fashion here in Puerto Rico is the 43 con Leche; ice-cold milk, orange liqueur and a dash of cinnamon… sounds wintery, but oh, so refreshingly good!
- One trend I’m observing is a return to the classics… with a twist: instead of your run-of the mill rum or vodka, using flavored rum or vodka… marshmallow vodka vodka martini? Sound good. Passion Fruit rum Cuba Libre? I’m there! Chocolate vodka in a Cosmo? Well… if it’s in the name of science… ;)
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 01:15, March 25, 2014 (UTC)
Love your ideas! Thank you so much-- I will ping you when the article is done!
Here is the final article! Thanks again for all of your fantastic input.
St-Germain -- VogueEdit
- JUNE -- 2014
- Between pages 90 and 120 there is a cocktail recipe on a fold-out paperboard insert.
- Good Housekeeping
- July -- 2014
- Page 67
- 9:40 -- 11:00
- Banacek 2x05 Horse of a Slightly Different Color- Watch Banacek Full Episodes Online
- Real or TV drink?
- Believe it or not, the Acapulco Bush is indeed a real drink, though it is quite different than the... thing... served in that particular episode.
- Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 19:49, June 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Cocktails in media.
- 43:00 -- 46:00
- Banacek 1x01 Let's Hear it for a Living Legend- Watch Banacek Full Episodes Online
- Sam uses a Crème de menthe recipe to mock/evaluate a team member.
- Hotel Babylon
- There are several stories of the hotel employees selling high priced and over-priced drinks and then showing dismay when the customer does not appreciate the quality of the drink.
- In one episode Jack Wilde orders a “J-LO”. Anything the bartender wants, but it must be in a “big ass glass”.
- Phillips orders a cocktail, but then requests that only the cream be left.
- The daughter and father do not know if a Harvey Wallbanger is a real drink. This, among other dialogue, shows their lack of experience in the hotel/food business.
- Addressed in turn:
- Banacek: I can't believe this wiki did not have a page for Spritzers!
- Ronin: I love that line; as Sam discusses interrogation techniques with Larry, he very subtly tests Larry by stating that he'd finally broken after "being given a grasshopper" (in reference to a torture technique used by the Gestapo during WWII). When Larry asks "What is a Grasshopper?", Sam answers: "Lessee, two parts gin, one part brandy, one part Crème de menthe..." Made so much funnier by the fact that the recipe is not a grasshopper! (Actually, gin, brandy and CdM is a pretty bad combination without additional elements.)
- Casino Royale: The Vesper is one of the "great forgotten classics", but it is a favorite of James Bond fans, at it was invented by Fleming for his erstwhile spy.
- She Spies: Not a real cocktail, it is still a good joke.
- Hotel Babylon:
- Catwoman: "White Russian, no ice, no vodka... hold the Kahlua." I actually had a friend who ordered that at a bar. The bartender looked completely perplexed until I told him: "cold milk, neat". :D
- Snowball Express: The Harvey Wallbanger has been around for quite a while and has been featured in film/TV on more than one occasion... if for no other reason that it has a goofy name... ;)
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 14:54, June 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you for the reply. Have you found the Vogue recipe? If you can find it, I recommend seeing "Snowball Express". The semi-villianous villian is more realistic and pragmatic than the hero concerning business. The film is a satire/comedy on dull middle class jobs and the American dream of building a business from nearly nothing.
- The assassin hired to kill the Sandra character orders her favorite cocktail to gain an opening. Sandra is amazed that other people still drink it besides her.
- The supercomputer tells Forbin how to make a cocktail.
- Bond realizes that Grant's use of red wine and fish should have revealed that Grant was an imposter.
- Sandra Bullock's cocktail in The Net was a Gibson. IIRC, her amazement was that people knew what a "martini with cocktail onions" was actually called.
- I don't see the point of the other articles: I already know Chivas is crap. ;)
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 00:07, June 5, 2014 (UTC)
- A lot of articles have a "description" header where it is not needed. I've been slowly removing them as I come across them.
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 01:55, June 5, 2014 (UTC)
It's a Wonderful LifeEdit
- I agree with the salon reviewer. Clarence’s behavior required Nick to explain the reality of a bar.
- The sole bar in town appears to be Martini’s, a rest home which has a policy against admitting anyone under the age of 60. The strict family values of its devoutly Catholic Neapolitan owner, heavily watered drinks, the constant attention of a kindly bartender who knows your mother and a particularly anodyne menu of Christmas music are the attractions of this morgue, where your chances of getting lucky range between nil and zero.
- Let us review the scene. Nick, who is clearly very busy, asks the two men what they want. George orders a double bourbon. Clarence dreamily says, as if to himself, “I was just thinking … it’s been so long…”
- Nick is understandably impatient. “Look, mister, I’m standing here waiting for you to make up your mind,” he says.
- But this only spurs Clarence on to an even more prolonged and irritating fit of thinking to himself out loud. “That’s a good man,” he says. “I was just thinking of a flaming rum punch — no, it’s not cold enough, not nearly cold enough…I’ve got it — mulled wine! Heavy on the cinnamon and light on the cloves. Off with you, my lad, and be lively.”
- Many bartenders, after being subjected to this insufferably patronizing sermon — “Off with you, my lad, and be lively”? “That’s a good man”? — on top of being ordered to make an insultingly impractical drink, would simply reach behind the bar and bring down a baseball bat upon the head of the offending customer. To his credit, Nick does not. Instead, he delivers a speech that, while perhaps not as gracious as it could have been, is a model of frankness and concision. “We serve hard drinks for men who want to get drunk fast,” he tells Clarence, “and we don’t need any ‘characters’ hanging around to give the joint ‘atmosphere.’”
- Any bartender can attest that the prominent posting of these words in every bar in America would immeasurably improve the drinking experience of millions.
- With This Ring (1954)
- A Case for Beer
- As We Like It 1952 Beer
- Let's Play Haunted Train: Spirits Of Charon - Part 13 Walkthrough
- Let's Play Haunted Train: Spirits Of Charon - Part 14 Walkthrough
- Stealing Time | SciFi Time Travel Short Film
- One character is a wine lover and is very picky/elitist about their wine.
- The Constraints of "Stealing Time"
- Unsustainable | Off-Beat Comedy Short
- The eco-lovers create their own wine.
- Stealing Time | SciFi Time Travel Short Film
- July 2014
- Page 96 - 100
- December 2014
- Page 105
- July 2014
- MAD MEN - "Make 'em sing" 1.01
- Good housekeeping
- December 2014
- Page 182
- December 2014
- August 2014
- Page 146, 147
- September 2014
- Page 560, 561
- November 2014
- Page 124, 125
- August 2014
- TV Guide
- July 28 2014
- Page 75
- December 8
- Page 92
- July 28 2014
- Fictional media
- Year of the Comet
- Speciality glass bottle
- Good Eats
- Mudslide... cupcakes... O...M...G...!!!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 20:11, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Sings-with-Spirits! How have you been? I am reaching out today to see if you are OK with me creating a parent page for your wiki. A parent page is a go-to page for parents and adults to check out the age range for each wiki. Here is an example!
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Also, if you have anything to add to the parent page yourself- that would be awesome!
- I'm more than OK with it; I think it's a wonderful idea and have no objection whatsoever to it. I'll check it once you've put it up and make any comments or needed alterations then.
- Please ping me when it's done!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 23:25, July 25, 2014 (UTC)
That's fantastic, thank you so much! Here is the link to the parent page. Let me know if you need ANY help filling it out! Thank you!
I have some exciting news!!! We are officially turning the Cocktails Wikia into an app for iPhone/Android. I'm currently working on choosing good categories to feature. If you have any interest in helping me choose photos/categories for the app, let me know and I can show you how on the wiki!
- A wikia app? how would it work?
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 00:08, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
The app would just let people browse recipes easily on Cocktails Wikia. I took a photo of the prototype (I'm in the process of choosing new photos to make sure it looks fancier!). This is the editor! I'm going through and adding popular categories and fun photos.
- Wow. Just when I'm getting the hand of technology, it goes ahead and leaves me behind... again.
- I don't know how much I can help you in this project except by making the wiki itself more user friendly; categorizing drinks not only by ingredients, but by garnishes and glassware; My thought was to help the uninitiated find drinks without knowing their names.
- Regarding categories for the app... dang; that's a tough one... one might think that "the biggies", like Vodka recipes or Shaken drinks might be a good idea, but these could overwhelm multiple smaller ones by their sheer size and give the wrong impression of what cocktails are all about. OTOH, there are some categories that are just plain broad or too narrow... I guess that I'd go with the base spirits categories first; Rum recipes, whiskey, vodka, wine, beer, gin and schnapps recipes, to name a few; sure, vodka will probably dominate, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
- Pics; I'll leave to you; there are too many styles to choose from, with quality ranging from "GUAU!" to "it's better than nothing" :D
- If you have any questions I can answer... or even if I can't... don't hesitate to drop me a line!
- --Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 00:40, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
Yes I agree with you about the bigger categories! Perfect I'll customize the app and I'll let you know when it's live if you have a chance to check it out. THanks for all of your help and advice!! Best,Asnow89 @ (profile)•(talk) 17:40, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia project Edit
Hey Sings-With-Spirits. This is Brandon from Wikia. I sent you an email yesterday about a new Wikia project related to palcohol (powered alcohol). The subject line had "We Want YOU!" in it. Did you get that email? Are you interested in joining the project? Please let me know by the end of tomorrow (Thursday October 23rd) if you are interested. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 03:08, October 23, 2014 (UTC)